Otahuhu College Geographical Area Enrolments
- The geographical area boundaries, set out in the appendix, provide a home zone for enrolments. Any student whose current place of residence is in the geographical area is entitled to enrol at the school.
Out of Otahuhu College Geographical Area Enrolments
- There will be no automatic right of entry for any student living outside the home zone. However, the Board will make available out of zone places of a number such that the optimum school roll will not be exceeded or appear likely to be exceeded at the time the decision is made.
- Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority will be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in the following special education programme(s) run by the school and approved by the Secretary for Education.
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees.
- Fifth priority will be given to all other applicants.
- If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
The Otahuhu College geographical area:
The northern boundary line goes from Anns Creek at Westfield, along the railway line through Sylvia Park and on in a direct line to the Tamaki River. The other boundary line begins at the Favona Bridge over Harania Creek to the junction of Massey Road (up to and including 240 and 249) and Gray Avenue, along Gray Avenue (both sides included in the Otahuhu College zone, up to and including 102 and 115A) to the railway line, along the railway line and across Swaffield Road (62 and 41 and over) and the Grange Golf Course (so that Middlemore Crescent is included in the Otahuhu College zone), then to the motorway (Motatau Road is excluded and Bairds Road east until the motorway is included) and along the motorway to the Tamaki River.